Looking for a seriously engaging and effective process to unlock and (re)align team potential?
Team Navigation: This 2-day session is suitable for organic management teams, various departments e.g. R&D, Finance, Marketing, Special Project management teams. In general, organic/intact teams or cross-functional teams in a matrix organization should attend this program.
Visit our Navigation Programs page to find out more.
Visit our Navigation Programs page to find out more.
Team Retreats & Events
The businessfruit Academy
What is the 'Academy'?
A series of open workshops to unlock, unleash and transform performance.
Each Academy follows a key theme:
What can I expect?
Registration fees are the same for each Businessfruit Academy.
Academy Contact & Registration Form
Take a look through the Academy agendas on the right.
If you are ready to register or have further questions please contact us using the form below.
Where is the Academy held?
Each Businessfruit Academy takes place in the unique and beautiful venue of 'The Spanish House' in Tervuren Park near Brussels in Belgium. ~ see photo and map below.
How to get to 'Het Spaanse Huis'
Communication Academy 2013 ~ Session 1
Day 1, 24 June: Write with Impact ~ after this day you will be better able to:
1. Save time by being in more control of how you plan, draft and edit your writing.
2. Improve quality by developing your understanding and use of clear, brief, persuasive style.
3. Increase impact by using persuasive structures effectively to lead the reader.
Materials: Each participant receives a copy of the 'Writing Dynamics' manual.
Day 2, 25 June: Speak with Impact ~ after this day you will be better able to:
1. Structure ideas in clear and compelling ways.
2. Handle objections and use “bridging” strategies to clarify questions, defuse issues and buy time.
3. Answer questions quickly and coherently, especially when under fire.
Materials: Each participant receives a copy of the 'Think on Your Feet®' manual.
Day 3, 26 June: Present with Impact ~ after this day you will be better able to:
1. Involve your audience and position your ideas for their core concerns.
2. Design and craft a clear, engaging and compelling presentation.
3. Deal with nerves and deliver with confidence, presence and impact.
Materials: Each participant receives a copy of the 'The Skilled Presenter' manual.
NEWS™ Leadership Academy 2013
Day 1/, 2-3 September: Personal Navigation: The NEWS™ Experience
Overview: Personal Navigation: The NEWS™ Experience provides an innovative and profoundly significant process of coaching, in a group setting. Effective leadership for executives, business owners or indeed anyone, starts with leading self before leading others. This practical step by step program of Personal Navigation supports you in this journey by guiding you in clarifying, aligning, planning and following through successfully on your own career and business navigation plans. This process not only helps bring you focus, motivation and resilience for the future, it also supports you in identifying and overcoming barriers as you plan for success.
Participating in this Personal Navigation program will enable you to:
Day 3, 4 September: Team Navigation/Organizational Navigation
Overview: On Day 3 you will walk through the NEWS™ model, applying it to either your team or your organization/business. Outside this Academy, Team Navigation is more for intact teams and is internal to the organization. Organizational Navigation also uses the same NEWS model, but here the focus is more strategic, taking the external world into account. In the Academy setting, each participant chooses their focus: Your team or your organization. Note that if you have a small business or team, the Academy setting can give you all the opportunity to navigate future direction in relaxed yet effective environment.
Team Navigation is a program that helps teams explore, discuss and align on key questions facing the team. It is great for either organic/intact or cross-functional teams needing alignment, facing change or as a structured process for annual strategic planning.
Organizational Navigation is a program that helps lead teams explore, discuss and align on key questions facing senior management. It is great for key executives, VP level and Heads of divisions, regions or business units wanting to create stronger alignment, lead change or as a structured facilitation process for annual strategic planning.
Innovation Academy 2013
Day 1, 16 September: Buzan Creativity Day ~ after this day you will be better able to:
1. Think creatively and use your brain to greater potential.
2. See and understand both the 'wood' and the 'trees' - improving analytic and strategic thinking
3. Relate and communicate better with those around you through greater awareness of how we think, learn and make sense of our worlds
Materials: Each participant receives a copy of the 'Mind Mapping for Business' book and the Buzan creativity manual.
Day 2, 17 September: Applied Creativity ~ after this day you will be better able to:
1. Apply a set of tools for generating creative ideas, beginning briefly with brainstorming, then moving to powerful and effective 'pattern-breaking' tools.
2. Frame persistent problems in a practical and effective way and generate creative solutions.
3. Build stakeholder support for creative ideas and solutions and facilitate others in thinking creatively
Materials: Each participant receives a copy of the 'Applied Creativity" manual and creativity toolkit.
Day 3, 18 September: Managing Innovation ~ after this day you will be better able to:
1. Identify ways to weave innovation into your management practices
2. Use specific behavioural skills that drive, foster, support and improve innovation practices
3. Explore the norms, values, competencies, structures, and processes that facilitate innovation and begin to develop a draft innovation agenda that can be explored, developed and implemented following the workshop.
Materials: Each participant receives a copy of the 'Managing Innovation' manual.
Communication Academy 2013 ~ Session 2
Day 1, 21 October: Write with Impact Same content as session 1
Day 2, 22 October: Speak with Impact
Day 3, 23 October: Present with Impact